Saturday, February 6, 2010

Some thoughts on advertising

Let's face it, online advertising works, even if it is only subliminally. They take up real estate when we are trying to read something and yet we are drawn to them anyway.

This week I decided to get in the game and enable ads on this blog. Who knows what they will have cycled through to by the time anybody reads this, but when I checked out the look for the first time I had to laugh. The top ad was for Schwans frozen food. How did they know I was a regular customer?

Seriously, it does look like they picked ads based on my content to date, since there is a lot of healthy food and animal food ads so far, even an ad for attracting hummingbirds. Eerie, isn't it?

But back to Schwan's. I'm not sure how many states they are in and my Canadian friends are probably wondering who they are, but they make a lot of sense here in Texas. When it is 100 degrees outside and your car is even hotter by the time you leave the grocery store, you have to worry about your frozen foods. Or, you can have a freezer truck pull up to your house with your order.... I've been going with the freezer truck since I started working from home.

To be honest, their stuff isn't cheap. But in many cases, you are paying for quality. And there's always something on sale--my driver has learned what a sucker for a sale I am! I've tried a variety of things and keep coming back to the ones that are worth the buck. My picks?
- the best ice cream ever!
- Buffalo Chicken dip (spicy, but that's a plus in this house)
- the new Fresco pastas
- pizza's reasonably good if it's on sale
- chicken on a biscuit

And on the healthy food theme, check out their LiveSmart recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment