Friday, July 10, 2009

My First Time (blogging that is)

I haven't felt this kind of peer pressure since high school... everybody's "doing it", when are you going to?

"It" being blogging, tweeting, Facebooking and all the other social media verbs that have us online, or at least connected by phone, 24x7. I've been reluctant to "go all the way" and commit to being that connected--heck, I already work on a computer all day, it's probably healthier to get away from it when I can--but I've always been the type to try anything once and so I've dallied... and now I'm blogging.

Like Twitter and Facebook, blogging assumes you have something to say and I'm somewhat amazed that people make time to follow as much as they do. But my peers have followers so there must be interest out there.

I've spent enough of my career writing for a living to think I can come up with an articulate posting or two. And I do think I have a unique point of view. For one thing, people often ask me about the differences between living in Canada and living in the US. And there are those faithful few who ask me when I'm going to write more--hopefully this will help me ease back into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment