Monday, July 13, 2009

Groundhog Day

It's July 13th. Again. Not even a Friday, nor was it last year. And yet I feel like I'm reliving a really bad day, just like in the movie Groundhog Day.

Last year, I was laid off from startup I'd been with for six years. I knew layoffs were coming, but there's still that "oh wow, it's really happening" feeling in the pit of your stomach.

By the quirks of staying networked, I managed to start a new position just two days later, on July 15th. A contract position that I knew would be a temporary move, but as it stretched to a year I got to feel close to my team and thought it might continue a little longer.

Nope. Groundhog Day. Got the word today (the 13th) that I will finish on the 15th, a year to the day from when I started.

Isn't life strange sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment